2019 Ga Math (b) MEXT Monbukagakusho
https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/planning/scholarships/mext-scholarships/examination.html
Answered by https://math-gpt.org
1Get UnlimitedGet MathGPT UnlimitedSolve the above problem.I don’t see the math problem in your message. Please paste the problem statement or upload the image, and I’ll solve it step by step.
Create Practice QuestionCreate Practice TestCreate MathGPT VideoSolve the above problem.(6) Sequence
The sequence is
$1,\ 4,\ 10,\ 19,\ 31,\ldots$
Find the differences:
\begin{array}{c|ccccc}
\text{Term} & 1 & 4 & 10 & 19 & 31\\
\hline
\text{First difference} & & 3 & 6 & 9 & 12\\
\text{Second difference} & & & 3 & 3 & 3
\end{array}
Since the second difference is constant, the sequence is quadratic.
The first difference before the first term is 0, so the $n$-th term can be found by adding the differences:
$a_n=1+3(1+2+\cdots +(n-1)).$
Using
$1+2+\cdots +(n-1)=\frac{n(n-1)}{2},$
we get
$a_n=1+\frac{3n(n-1)}{2}.$
Therefore,
$\boxed{a_n=\frac{3n^2-3n+2}{2}}.$
For the sum of the first $n$ terms,
$S_n=\sum_{k=1}^{n}\left(1+\frac{3k(k-1)}{2}\right).$
Thus,
$S_n=n+\frac{3}{2}\sum_{k=1}^{n}k(k-1).$
Since
$\sum_{k=1}^{n}k(k-1)=\frac{n(n+1)(n-1)}{3},$
we have
$S_n=n+\frac{n(n+1)(n-1)}{2}.$
Simplifying,
$\boxed{S_n=\frac{n^3+n}{2}}.$
So the answers for (6) are
$\boxed{[1\text{-}11]=\frac{3n^2-3n+2}{2}}$
and
$\boxed{[1\text{-}12]=\frac{n^3+n}{2}}.$
(7) Minimization
We are given
$\frac{4a+b}{2a}$+$\frac{4a-3b}{b}$,
where a,b>0.
Let
$x=\frac{b}{a}.$
Then
$\frac{4a+b}{2a}$
=2+$\frac{x}{2},$
and
$\frac{4a-3b}{b}$
$=\frac{4}{x}-3.$
Therefore, the expression becomes
$2+\frac{x}{2}+\frac{4}{x}-3$
$=\frac{x}{2}+\frac{4}{x}-1.$
By AM-GM,
$\frac{x}{2}+\frac{4}{x}$
$\geq 2\sqrt{\frac{x}{2}\cdot\frac{4}{x}}$
$=2\sqrt{2}.$
Equality occurs when
$\frac{x}{2}=\frac{4}{x}.$
Hence,
$x^2=8$
and because $x>0,$
$x=2\sqrt{2}.$
Since $ x=\frac ba,$
$\boxed{b=2\sqrt{2}\,a}.$
The minimum value is
$2\sqrt{2}-1.$
Therefore,
$\boxed{[1\text{-}13]=2\sqrt{2}}$
and
$\boxed{[1\text{-}14]=2\sqrt{2}-1}.$
Create Practice QuestionCreate Practice TestCreate MathGPT VideoSolve the above problem.(9) Divisibility of a base-6 number
We have
$\sum_{k=0}^{n}x_k6^k.$
For $ k\geq 1,$
$6^k=1+5(1+6+6^2+\cdots+6^{k-1})
=1+5\sum_{l=0}^{k-1}6^l.$
Therefore,
\begin{aligned}
$\sum_{k=0}^{n}x_k6^k$
$&=x_0+\sum_{k=1}^{n}x_k6^k\\$
$&=x_0+\sum_{k=1}^{n}x_k$
$\left(1+5\sum_{l=0}^{k-1}6^l\right)\\
&=\boxed{x_0}$ $+\boxed{5}\left(\sum_{k=1}^{n}x_k\sum_{l=0}^{k-1}6^l\right).$
\end{aligned}
Thus,
$[1\text{-}21]=\boxed{x_0},
\qquad$
$[1\text{-}22]=\boxed{5}.$
The number is divisible by 5 exactly when its digits add to a multiple of 5, because
$6^k\equiv 1\pmod 5.$
Hence,
$\sum_{k=0}^{n}x_k6^k$
$\equiv \sum_{k=0}^{n}x_k\pmod 5.$
Therefore,
$[1\text{-}23]=\boxed{5}.$
(10) Solving the linear Diophantine equation
We need integer solutions to
253x+256y=1.
Since $256=253+3$,
253x+256y=253(x+y)+3y.
Thus,
253(x+y)+3y=1.
Taking the equation modulo 253,
$3y\equiv 1\pmod{253}.$
Because
3(169)=507=2(253)+1,
we have
$y \equiv 169\pmod{253}.$
So write
y=169+253t,
where t is an integer. Substituting into the original equation gives
x=-171-256t.
To minimize \lvert x\rvert, choose t=-1. Then
x=-171+256=85,
and
y=169-253=-84.
Therefore,
$\boxed{[1\text{-}24]=85},
\qquad
\boxed{[1\text{-}25]=-84}.
Check:
253(85)+256(-84)=21,505-21,504=1.$
(11) Translating the parabola
The original function is
$f(x)=2x^2+3x+1.$
Translating the graph 2 units to the right replaces x with x-2:
f(x-2)=2(x-2)^2+3(x-2)+1.
Translating it 3 units downward subtracts 3:
$y=2(x-2)^2+3(x-2)+1-3.$
Expand:
$\begin{aligned}
y
&=2(x^2-4x+4)+3x-6+1-3\\
&=2x^2-8x+8+3x-8\\
&=2x^2-5x.
\end{aligned}$
Thus,
$y=2x^2-5x+0,$
so
$\boxed{[1\text{-}26]=2},
\qquad
\boxed{[1\text{-}27]=-5},
\qquad
\boxed{[1\text{-}28]=0}.$
Create Practice QuestionCreate Practice TestCreate MathGPT VideoSolve the above problem.Retry ResponseSolve the above problem.Retry ResponseSolve the above problem.Retry ResponseSolve the above problem.Problem 2
We are given:
$CD\perp AB$
$\angle BAC=\dfrac{\pi}{12}=15^\circ
AB=2\sqrt{2}$
$AD=\sqrt{6}$
Since D lies on AB,
$DB=AB-AD=2\sqrt{2}-\sqrt{6}.$
(1) Find $\cos\dfrac{\pi}{12}$
Since
$\frac{\pi}{12}=\frac{\pi}{3}-\frac{\pi}{4},
use the cosine subtraction formula:
\cos\left(\frac{\pi}{3}-\frac{\pi}{4}\right)
=\cos\frac{\pi}{3}\cos\frac{\pi}{4}
+
\sin\frac{\pi}{3}\sin\frac{\pi}{4}.
Substitute the familiar values:
\cos\frac{\pi}{3}=\frac12,\qquad
\cos\frac{\pi}{4}=\frac{\sqrt2}{2},
\sin\frac{\pi}{3}=\frac{\sqrt3}{2},\qquad
\sin\frac{\pi}{4}=\frac{\sqrt2}{2}.$
Therefore,
$\cos\frac{\pi}{12}
=\frac{\sqrt2}{4}+\frac{\sqrt6}{4}
=\frac{\sqrt6+\sqrt2}{4}.$
Thus,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}1]=\sqrt6}.$
(2) Find the length AC
In right triangle ACD,
$\cos\frac{\pi}{12}=\frac{AD}{AC}.$
Hence,
$AC=\frac{AD}{\cos(\pi/12)}
=\frac{\sqrt6}{(\sqrt6+\sqrt2)/4}.$
So
$AC=\frac{4\sqrt6}{\sqrt6+\sqrt2}.$
Rationalize the denominator:
$AC
=\frac{4\sqrt6(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)}
{(\sqrt6+\sqrt2)(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)}.$
The denominator is
6-2=4.
Therefore,
$AC=\sqrt6(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)
=6-\sqrt{12}
=6-2\sqrt3.$
Thus,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}2]=6}.$
(3) Find $(BC)^2$
First, use the Pythagorean theorem in right triangle ACD:
$CD^2=AC^2-AD^2.$
We have
$AC=6-2\sqrt3,
so
AC^2=(6-2\sqrt3)^2
=36-24\sqrt3+12
=48-24\sqrt3.$
Also,
$AD^2=(\sqrt6)^2=6.$
Therefore,
$CD^2=(48-24\sqrt3)-6
=42-24\sqrt3.$
Now calculate $DB^2:
DB=2\sqrt2-\sqrt6,$
so
$DB^2=(2\sqrt2-\sqrt6)^2
=8-4\sqrt{12}+6
=14-8\sqrt3.$
In right triangle CDB,
$BC^2=CD^2+DB^2.$
Thus,
$\begin{aligned}
BC^2
&=(42-24\sqrt3)+(14-8\sqrt3)\\
&=56-32\sqrt3.
\end{aligned}$
Therefore,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}3]=56}.$
(4) Find the length BC
We need to simplify
$BC=\sqrt{56-32\sqrt3}.$
Observe that
$56-32\sqrt3
=(4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6)^2.$
Indeed,
$(4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6)^2
=32-16\sqrt{12}+24
=56-32\sqrt3.$
Since $4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6>0,
BC=4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6.$
Therefore,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}4]=4\sqrt2}.$
Final answers
$\boxed{[2\text{-}1]=\sqrt6}
\boxed{[2\text{-}2]=6}
\boxed{[2\text{-}3]=56}
\boxed{[2\text{-}4]=4\sqrt2}$
Create Practice QuestionCreate Practice TestCreate MathGPT Video2019_ga_math_b_ansPDFSolve the above problem.Problem 2
Given:
$CD\perp AB,\qquad \angle BAC=\frac{\pi}{12},\qquad AB=2\sqrt2,\qquad AD=\sqrt6.$
Since D lies on AB, the angle in right triangle ACD is
$\angle CAD=\angle BAC=\frac{\pi}{12}.$
(1) Find $\cos \dfrac{\pi}{12}$
Using
$\frac{\pi}{12}=\frac{\pi}{3}-\frac{\pi}{4},$
we get
\begin{aligned}
$\cos\frac{\pi}{12}$
$&=\cos\left(\frac{\pi}{3}-\frac{\pi}{4}\right)\\$
$&=\cos\frac{\pi}{3}\cos\frac{\pi}{4}$
$+\sin\frac{\pi}{3}\sin\frac{\pi}{4}\\$
$&=\frac12\cdot\frac{\sqrt2}{2}$
$+\frac{\sqrt3}{2}\cdot\frac{\sqrt2}{2}\\$
$&=\frac{\sqrt2+\sqrt6}{4}.$
\end{aligned}
Therefore,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}1]=\sqrt6}.$
(2) Find AC
In the right triangle ACD,
$\cos\frac{\pi}{12}=\frac{AD}{AC}.$
Therefore,
$AC=\frac{AD}{\cos(\pi/12)}
=\frac{\sqrt6}{(\sqrt2+\sqrt6)/4}.$
Thus,
$AC=\frac{4\sqrt6}{\sqrt2+\sqrt6}.$
Rationalizing the denominator,
$\begin{aligned}
AC
&=\frac{4\sqrt6(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)}
{(\sqrt6+\sqrt2)(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)}\\
&=\frac{4\sqrt6(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)}{6-2}\\
&=\sqrt6(\sqrt6-\sqrt2)\\
&=6-\sqrt{12}\\
&=6-2\sqrt3.
\end{aligned}$
Hence,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}2]=6}.$
(3) Find (BC)^2
First calculate CD^2. By the Pythagorean theorem in \triangle ACD,
$CD^2=AC^2-AD^2.$
Now,
$\begin{aligned}
AC^2
&=(6-2\sqrt3)^2\\
&=36-24\sqrt3+12\\
&=48-24\sqrt3.
\end{aligned}$
Therefore,
$CD^2=(48-24\sqrt3)-6
=42-24\sqrt3.$
Also,
$DB=AB-AD=2\sqrt2-\sqrt6,$
so
$\begin{aligned}
DB^2
&=(2\sqrt2-\sqrt6)^2\\
&=8-4\sqrt{12}+6\\
&=14-8\sqrt3.
\end{aligned}$
In the right triangle $CDB$,
$BC^2=CD^2+DB^2.$
Thus,
$\begin{aligned}
BC^2
&=(42-24\sqrt3)+(14-8\sqrt3)\\
&=56-32\sqrt3.
\end{aligned}$
Therefore,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}3]=56}.$
(4) Find BC
We need to simplify
$BC=\sqrt{56-32\sqrt3}.$
Notice that
$56-32\sqrt3=(4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6)^2,$
because
$(4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6)^2
=32-16\sqrt{12}+24
=56-32\sqrt3.$
Hence,
$BC=4\sqrt2-2\sqrt6.$
Therefore,
$\boxed{[2\text{-}4]=4\sqrt2}.$
Final answers
$\boxed{
[2\text{-}1]=\sqrt6,\quad
[2\text{-}2]=6,\quad
[2\text{-}3]=56,\quad
[2\text{-}4]=4\sqrt2
}$
Create Practice QuestionCreate Practice TestCreate MathGPT VideoSolve the above problem.Worked with your files
Problem 1
(1) Number and sum of the positive divisors of 2,019
Factor 2,019 :
$2,019=3\cdot 673.$
Since 673 is prime, the positive divisors are
1,\ 3,\ 673,\ 2,019.
Therefore, the number of positive divisors is
$\boxed{4}.$
Their sum is
$1+3+673+2,019=\boxed{2,696}.$
(2) Equation of the angle bisector of \angle AOB
The points are
$O(0,0),\qquad A(3,0),\qquad B(3,4).$
The ray $OA$ has unit direction vector
(1,0).
The vector from $O$ to $B$ is $(3,4)$, whose length is $5$, so its unit direction vector is
$\left(\frac35,\frac45\right).$
The internal angle-bisector direction is the sum of the two unit vectors:
$(1,0)+\left(\frac35,\frac45\right)
=\left(\frac85,\frac45\right).$
Its slope is
$\frac{4/5}{8/5}=\frac12.$
Since the angle bisector passes through O(0,0), its equation is
$\boxed{y=\frac12x}.$
(3) Tangent to y=x^2
The slope of the line through (-1,1) and (3,9) is
$\frac{9-1}{3-(-1)}=\frac84=2.$
Therefore, the required tangent line must have slope 2.
For
$y=x^2,$
the derivative is
$\frac{dy}{dx}=2x.$
At the point of tangency, the tangent slope is 2, so
$2x=2 \implies x=1.$
The corresponding y-coordinate is
$y=1^2=1.$
Thus, the tangent point is (1,1). The tangent line is
y-1=2(x-1),
so
y=2x-1.
Therefore,
$\boxed{y=2x-1}$
and the point of tangency is
$\boxed{(1,1)}.$
(4) Intersection of the line and the circle
The line is
y=m(x-5)+3=mx+3-5m.
Writing it in standard form,
mx-y+3-5m=0.
The distance from the origin to this line is
$d=\frac{|3-5m|}{\sqrt{m^2+1}}.$
The line intersects the circle
$x^2+y^2=r^2$
if and only if the distance from the origin to the line is at most r:
$\frac{|3-5m|}{\sqrt{m^2+1}}\le r.$
The problem states that the allowable values have the form
$0\le m\le \text{constant}.$
At m=0, the line is y=3. This must be tangent to the circle, so
r=3.
Now substitute r=3 :
$\frac{|3-5m|}{\sqrt{m^2+1}}\le 3.$
Squaring both sides,
$(3-5m)^2\le 9(m^2+1).$
Expand:
$9-30m+25m^2\le 9+9m^2.$
Thus,
$16m^2-30m\le 0,$
# Calculus and Discrete Mathematics Study Guide
## 🔢 Inductive Sequences and Pascal's Triangle
- **Definition:** The function $I(m, n)$ follows the recurrence relation $I(m+1, n) + I(m, n+1) = I(m+1, n+1)$ with boundary conditions $I(m, 1) = I(1, n) = 1$.
- **Pattern Recognition:** This recurrence is identical to the construction of Pascal's Triangle, where $I(m, n) = \binom{m+n-2}{m-1} = \binom{m+n-2}{n-1}$.
- **Specific Values:**
- $I(2, n) = \binom{n+2-2}{2-1} = \binom{n}{1} = n$.
- $I(3, n) = \binom{n+3-2}{3-1} = \binom{n+1}{2} = \frac{n(n+1)}{2}$.
- $I(5, 3) = \binom{5+3-2}{5-1} = \binom{6}{4} = \binom{6}{2} = 15$.
## 📈 Taylor Series and Function Comparison
- **Function Definitions:**
- $f(x) = e^x$
- $g(x) = 1 + x$
- $h(x) = 1 + x + \frac{1}{2}x^2$
- **Derivatives for $x < 0$:**
- $f'(x) = e^x$
- $g'(x) = 1$
- $h'(x) = 1 + x$
- Comparison: Since $e^x < 1+x < 1$ for $x < 0$, the order is $f'(x) < h'(x) < g'(x)$.
- **Function Values for $x < 0$:**
- Using Taylor expansion, $e^x = 1 + x + \frac{x^2}{2} + \frac{x^3}{6} + \dots$
- Since $\frac{x^3}{6} < 0$ for $x < 0$, $f(x) < h(x)$.
- Since $\frac{x^2}{2} > 0$ for $x < 0$, $h(x) > g(x)$.
- Order: $f(x) < g(x) < h(x)$ is incorrect; rather, $f(x) < g(x) < h(x)$ depends on the specific interval, but generally $f(x) < g(x) < h(x)$ holds for small negative $x$.
## 📐 Definite Integrals of Absolute Differences
- **Integral $I_1$:** $\int_{-1}^{0} |e^x - (1+x)| dx$.
- Since $e^x \ge 1+x$ for all $x$, $|e^x - (1+x)| = e^x - 1 - x$.
- $I_1 = [e^x - x - \frac{1}{2}x^2]_{-1}^{0} = (1 - 0 - 0) - (e^{-1} + 1 - \frac{1}{2}) = \frac{1}{2} - \frac{1}{e}$.
- **Integral $I_2$:** $\int_{-1}^{0} |e^x - (1+x+\frac{1}{2}x^2)| dx$.
- Since $e^x \le 1+x+\frac{1}{2}x^2$ for $x \in [-1, 0]$, $|f(x) - h(x)| = 1 + x + \frac{1}{2}x^2 - e^x$.
- $I_2 = [x + \frac{1}{2}x^2 + \frac{1}{6}x^3 - e^x]_{-1}^{0} = (0 + 0 + 0 - 1) - (-1 + \frac{1}{2} - \frac{1}{6} - e^{-1}) = e^{-1} - \frac{2}{3}$.
Answer: 2. (1) $I(2,n)=n, I(3,n)=\frac{n(n+1)}{2}$
(2) $I(5,3)=15$
3. (1) $h'(x) < f'(x) < g'(x)$
(2) $g(x) < h(x) < f(x)$
(3) $I_1 = \frac{1}{2} - \frac{1}{e}, I_2 = \frac{1}{3} - \frac{1}{e}$
Explanation: Hello! I am happy to help you work through these problems. Let's break them down step by step, starting with the function $I(m, n)$ and then moving to the calculus problems.
### Part 2: Inductive Function $I(m,n)$
**Key Concepts:**
- This is a recurrence relation similar to Pascal's Triangle.
- Given $I(m, 1) = 1$ and $I(1, n) = 1$, and the rule $I(m+1, n+1) = I(m+1, n) + I(m, n+1)$, we can observe that $I(m, n) = \binom{m+n-2}{m-1}$.
**Step 1: Find $I(2, n)$ and $I(3, n)$.**
- For $I(2, n)$: $I(2, 1)=1, I(2, 2)=I(2, 1)+I(1, 2)=1+1=2, I(2, 3)=I(2, 2)+I(1, 3)=2+1=3$.
- Pattern: $I(2, n) = n$.
- For $I(3, n)$: $I(3, 1)=1, I(3, 2)=I(3, 1)+I(2, 2)=1+2=3, I(3, 3)=I(3, 2)+I(2, 3)=3+3=6$.
- Pattern: $I(3, n) = \frac{n(n+1)}{2}$.
**Step 2: Find $I(5, 3)$.**
- Using the formula $I(m, n) = \binom{m+n-2}{m-1}$:
- $I(5, 3) = \binom{5+3-2}{5-1} = \binom{6}{4} = \binom{6}{2} = \frac{6 \times 5}{2} = 15$.
---
### Part 3: Calculus Functions
**Key Concepts:**
- $f(x) = e^x$, $g(x) = 1+x$, $h(x) = 1+x+\frac{1}{2}x^2$.
- Derivatives: $f'(x) = e^x$, $g'(x) = 1$, $h'(x) = 1+x$.
**Step 1: Arrange $f'(x), g'(x), h'(x)$ for $x < 0$.**
- For $x < 0$: $h'(x) = 1+x < 1$. Also, $e^x$ is between $0$ and $1$.
- Specifically, $e^x > 1+x$ for $x < 0$. Thus, $h'(x) < f'(x) < g'(x)$.
**Step 2: Arrange $f(x), g(x), h(x)$ for $x < 0$.**
- Using Taylor series: $e^x = 1+x+\frac{1}{2}x^2 + \frac{1}{6}x^3 + \dots$
- For $x < 0$, $f(x) > h(x) > g(x)$ is not correct; rather, $g(x) < h(x) < f(x)$ because the higher-order terms of $e^x$ are positive/negative alternating.
- Actually, for $x \in (-1, 0)$, $g(x) < h(x) < f(x)$.
**Step 3: Compute $I_1$ and $I_2$.**
- $I_1 = \int_{-1}^{0} (e^x - (1+x)) dx = [e^x - x - \frac{1}{2}x^2]_{-1}^{0} = (1 - 0 - 0) - (e^{-1} + 1 - \frac{1}{2}) = 1 - e^{-1} - 0.5 = 0.5 - \frac{1}{e}$.
- $I_2 = \int_{-1}^{0} (e^x - (1+x+\frac{1}{2}x^2)) dx = [e^x - x - \frac{1}{2}x^2 - \frac{1}{6}x^3]_{-1}^{0} = (1) - (e^{-1} + 1 - \frac{1}{2} + \frac{1}{6}) = 1 - e^{-1} - \frac{2}{3} = \frac{1}{3} - \frac{1}{e}$.


コメント
コメントを投稿